Thursday, October 2, 2008

Lord You're So Good To Me

Last night at my home group we sang a very familiar Sovereign Grace Song, “You’re So Good to Me” As with everything else this week, this song came at the PERFECT timing (you can read more about that on my blog), in particular the chorus. Last night, through this song, I was so ministered to that I took some time this morning and broke down the different lines of the chorus and applied some Scripture verses to them. I do this with a lot of songs because it helps me apply the glorious gospel truths that are proclaimed through so many worship songs. As I sing about God and all that He has accomplished for me, may I remember that I am no longer bound to sin, but AM NOW ALLIVE IN CHRIST!!!

For You have crowned my days
I need to remember that every day I go through the Lord is at hand, He is my Shepherd and I have NOTHING to worry about!

James 1:12- “Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trail, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him.”

Revelation 2:10- “Do not fear what you are about to suffer….Be faithful until death, and I will give you the crown of life.”

With overwhelming grace
Day to day when I sin and fail to recognize God’s hand upon my life His grace is there to forgive me for my failures. His mercies are new and His love NEVER fails.

2 Corinthians 12:9- “My grace is sufficient for you. For my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.”

Ephesians 1:6-7- “To the praise of his glorious grace, with which he has blessed us in the beloved. In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his grace.”

Ephesians 2:4-5- “But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ- by grace you have been saved.”

Titus 2:11-12- “For the grace of God has appeased, bringing salvation for all people, training us to renounce ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright, and godly lives in the present age.”

Lord You’re so good to me
Though going through difficult times right now, I can still say that God has been so GOOD to me. My family is extremely BLESSED and His grace continues to pour out on us.

Romans 8:28- “And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.”

Though troubles fall like rain
Though day to day I face difficult circumstances, I need to trust God! I need to rely on His goodness and strength to get me through my days.

1 Peter 1:6- “In this you rejoice, though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been grieved by various trials

James 1:2- “Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness.

This precious truth remains
The precious truth remains that Christ has redeemed me from His wrath! Day to day when I fail to recognize His goodness, He still remains faithful to me. Christ sent His Son to pay for my sins and has already ordained ALL of my days. What refreshment this brings to my soul and oh the JOY it brings!

John 3:16- “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.”

Psalm 25:10- “All the paths of the Lord are steadfast, love, and faithfulness, for those who keep his covenant and his testimonies.”

Lamentations 3:22-23- “The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.”

Lord You’re so good to me
Yes you’re so good to me!


-Candace

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this is a great exercise candace. I bet this makes worship the next time you sing that song a truly wonderful experience