Monday, July 9, 2007

Keep Me Near

In my daily flight to trust in the God for whom nothing is too hard I have recently found myself searching for my strength and joy to be found in the Lord. God in his great mercy has been doing such a work in me.

Recently there have been two songs that I find myself listening to over and over again throughout my days. So much so that I have written certain lines of the songs on index cards and posted them in areas of my house I’m in the most.

"Keep Me Near"

Keep me near O precious Jesus when
My days are filled with light
When the sun is warm and golden
And your goodness fills my eyes
Let me not forget whose mercies
Poured such grace upon my life
Keep me ever looking to you
Walking always at you side

"It Was Your Grace"

In you alone my strength is found
In you alone my hope abounds
In you alone my strength is found
My life is bound up in you

And in my weakness give me still more grace
Grace to cast myself on you
In every trial let me find you peace and joy
Grace to humbly walk with you

Give me more grace O God,
And new mercies every morning!

Habakkuk 3:18-19 "Yet I will rejoice in the Lord; I will take joy in the God of my salvation. God, the Lord, is my strength!"

One thing I know that I have found through every trouble that surrounds God is the rock that never fails and He is good, He is great, His love is never ending, and He is the only one I need. I can’t comprehend his love for me and by his grace I know I can live free. To God is the glory for all that He has recently done in my life!

Father my prayer is that in my recent days of needing you more to trust you for the unknown that I would seek to know you more and find you as my strength. Thank you for the grace you have so richly poured out on my life. Psalm 31:14-15 "But I trust in you, O Lord; I say “you are my God.” My times are in your hand!

-Candace-

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Candace,

God will reward you for seeking to know him. Be encouraged with these promises from Scripture:

"Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you." James 4:8a

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for wholeness and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11

"Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I WILL hear you. You will seek me and FIND me. When you seek me with all your heart" Jeremiah 29:12,13

Love your big sis,

Amber

Anonymous said...

One more...:)

"And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he REWARDS those who SEEK him." Hebrews 11:16

Jenn Romanski said...

mmmm....trust. That's what God is working on me right now. Specifically, trust for what the next year will bring in my life with all its many changes. I too have been listening to the song "It was your Grace" over and over again lately. Thanks for putting Psalm 31 in your post. It was a rich reminder of his goodness; he has kept me all my days.