Wednesday, March 12, 2008

I walked on the Moon!...




This clip is pretty funny, and how true it is. I can relate all to well, I sometimes wish amazing or just interesting things would happen to me, all for the fact that I would then be able to draw attention to myself. I would have that story that no matter how many times I told it I would leave the listeners in Shock and Awe. But then I starting thinking about it and I realized I already have that Amazing Story. A story about a sinner who was rebellious, deceived, enslaved to various lusts and pleasures, spending my life in malice and envy, hated, hating others. But then a Loving Savior irresistibly drew me to himself and pour out immeasurable riches on my life. Now that sinner has been wash by the Blood of the Lamb, renewed by the Holy Spirit, and transformed by the grace of God.

The only thing more amazing then telling people "I walked on the moon", is telling them "Jesus Died For My Sins"

- Ryan

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

ha ha...so true...it's funny cuz it's true...

Anonymous said...

thats why its funny

Anonymous said...

cuz its to true

Anonymous said...

Great point Ryan. We really do have the ultimate story to tell, the only problem is that half the time I am too ashamed of my saviour to tell anyone about it. This is an area that I really need to grow in and ask that God grant me boldness, much like the apostles in acts, to speak out even in the face of opposition.

Anonymous said...

Great clip, better application. I see the same thing in my life all of the time. Something happens to me and I can't wait to see someone I know so I can tell them about it. I wish that I was so excited about the Gospel that I wouldn't be able to wait to tell people. John Piper says "as christians we will always be shamed by the Gospel but should never be ashamed of it". Very convicting. Thanks for the post Ryan.