Monday, February 26, 2007

"Beautiful Lord"

God has really been using different songs lately to minister to me. Here's one by a new band called Leeland that has helped me significantly because of the comforting truth it holds. I play it again and again to remind myself to let Him be the "peace that calms my troubled sea" and to let His grace "[remain] the shelter that I seek." My weakness really is all I have to give.

"Beautiful Lord" by Leeland


Verse 1

When the storm is raging all around me

You are the peace that calms

My troubled sea

And when the cares of this world

Darken my day

You are the light that shines

And shows me the way


Oh, the beauty of Your majesty

On the cross You showed Your love for me!

Chorus

Beautiful Lord

Awesome and mighty

I’m captured by this love I see

Beautiful Lord

Tender and holy

Your mercy brings me to my knees

It’s Your mercy that has made me free

Beautiful Lord


Verse 2

When my sin is all that I can see

Your grace remains the shelter that I seek

And when my weakness is all I can give

Your gentle Spirit gives me strength again

And oh, the beauty of Your majesty

On the cross You showed Your love for me


And I am lifted by Your love to sing!

It’s Your mercy that has made me free!


-Amber Harrington-

No comments: