Friday, February 16, 2007

The Beauty of Grace

You took the crown of thorns,
And gave me a crown of grace.
-
You took upon my death,
And gave me Your life.
-
You took my cloak of sin,
And gave me robes of righteousness.
-
You took my condemnation,
And gave me hope.
-
You took my tears of pain,
And gave me the joy of the Father.
-
My Inadequacies are endless,
My transgression abounds.
-
Yet you do not forsake,
You do not condem.
-
How can it be?
How can it be?
-
By the blood of one who is perfect,
One far more righteous than me.
-
So often I forget where I once was and where Christ proclaims me to be. He is my great High Preist who pleads my cause to a God who is just and who does not let the wicked go unpunished. The father looks upon the Son and pardons ME because my eternal wrongs have been atoned. This however, is not where our Lord ends. In His great mercy and steadfast love for us, He has granted us a portion of His great Kingdom and His beautiful glory. He bathes us in His marvelous light, fills us with faith, allows us to know Him, and grants us the grace to overcome our sinful flesh.
-
May we seek to continually remind ourselves of our sin, and furthermore, of the cross so that we might fufill 0ur purpose and our great declaration. To live for the glory of God, the wonderful Trinity.

-Kyle Glick-

No comments: