Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Strength and Joy for the Unknown

As I’m entering into a new phase of life with a very busy, chaotic, and an amazing month and a half behind me, I am freshly aware of God’s grace in my life. I have recently had a greater understanding of the fact that God is so good to me!


At the Florida Ladies retreat I was convicted by how often I can find myself turning to worthless things that will get me no where in life instead of spending time seeking to know God more and deepen my relationship with him. In just graduating and walking into a new phase of life with no idea what my future holds, I am tempted to worry at times. I have found that the only thing that will get me through this “waiting time” is to have my full trust in God and know that the joy of the Lord is my strength.


I was so encouraged by a quote that Jenny Detwiler provided for us at the Florida Ladies retreat by John MacArthur:


Spiritual joy, on the other hand, is not an attitude on chance or circumstances. It is the deep and abiding confidence that, regardless of one’s circumstances in life, all is well between the believer and the Lord. No matter what difficulty, pain, or disappointment, failure, rejection, or other challenge one is facing, genuine joy remains because of the eternal well-being established by God’s grace in salvation. Thus, Scripture makes it clear that the fullest, most lasting and satisfying joy is derived from a true relationship with God. It is not based on circumstances or chance, but is the gracious and permanent possession of every child of God.


This quote helped me in so many ways. It helped me to realize that there is nothing in my future that will bring me more joy then my relationship with Jesus Christ! My prayer daily in this new season of life is that in every thing I do, the joy of the Lord will be my strength!


One thing I ask of the Lord,

that will I seek after;

that I may dwell in the house of the Lord

all the days of my life,

to behold the beauty of the Lord

and inquire in His temple.

Psalm 27:4

-Candace-

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for sharing candace or should a say "glowing queen". I love that verse so quickly gives us the right perspective on things.

Lana said...

Thanks for humbly sharing all that God is doing in your life. God is so good to reveal His truths to us! My prayer is that all of our hearts would find true and lasting joy in our Savior, no matter our circumstances.
"O God of strength, your hand is on my life bringing peace to me.
You know my framce, you know how I am made, You planned all my days.
Hand of mercy, hand of love, giving power to overcome.
If all beneath me falls away
I KNOW THAT YOU ARE GOD!"