Monday, January 7, 2008

Oh so Sweet...


I am continually amazed by the inconsistencies that characterize my life.  The hypocrisy, lying, cheating, and blatant rebellion disgust me to the point of tears sometimes.  I know that even this realization of the deep state of my sin is only by the grace of God as well.  

I have grown to enjoy those precious moments when the gospel of Jesus Christ becomes ever so clear to me.  There is nothing better than those times when I am broken by my sin and shortcomings, only to find full acceptance by God and unmerited favor brought about by the blood and sacrifice of His Son.  Every day I must pray that God make these truths so real to me, otherwise, when those moments of condemnation come I will crumble under its weight.

The gospel must be my foundation, and its truths the author of my faith.  To borrow words from the artist Steve Fee, "Its all because of Jesus I'm alive."  What a simple but truly comforting statement!

Listen to Spurgeon's wonderful words of truth and encouragement, "Jesus is to believers  the one pearl of great price, for whom we are willing to part with all that we have.  he has so completely won our love, that it beats alone for Him; to His glory we would live, and in the defense of His gospel we would die;  He is the pattern of our life, and the model after which we would sculpture our character."

-Kyle-

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so true. God often brings us back to his Gospel by revealing to us our sin. There is nothing sweeter than the release of condemnation. You are always left humbled and satisfied. Thanks for the post Kyle.

Kevin

Lana said...

I have seen over the years how important it is not to make my sin bigger than what Christ did for me. Not to make myself feel so bad about my sin that at the end of it, I feel like in some small way I've earned forgiveness. Thank you for sharing the truth & joy of God's forgiveness, Kyle.

Anonymous said...

Amen!