Friday, February 15, 2008

Reflections


The last few weeks have been a trial for me. Devotions have been non-existent, prayer only in times of desperate need, and encouragement to others sparse to say the least. I have been grumpy, irritable, graceless, lustful, prideful, and extremely selfish. I am what I have always been, a sinner. Sometimes it is more apparent to me than other times, but that does not change the consistency with which I "exchange the truth of God for a lie."

This morning when I woke, a strange feeling came over me that is difficult to describe. Remorse, Joy, awakening, sadness... a range of emotions that can only be explained by one singular factor. The Grace of God. How do I go from weeks of sinful selfish behavior to the all-of-a-sudden desire to please God, read His Word and sanctify my soul? This can only be due to the work of another. I am brought to tears at the thought of what God has done for me.
Why? Why save me?  Even in my regenerated state I struggle with sin.  What could possibly cause God to posses a disease such as myself?
God has done far more for me than cure me of a disease, he has clothed me in his glory and righteousness.  He has held me in His arms like Father holds his foolish child,  always comforting, always gracious, always loving.  
What a day it will be to look my Father in the eyes and thank Him for his grace.  I will run to Him and cry because for once, I won't care what other people think.  I will bow before him in worship because I finally desire to bring Him glory for every remaining second of eternity.  Can you imagine it?  
What a glorious work God has done in a sinners like you and me!  Rejoice!  Soli  Deo Gloria.
-Kyle-

3 comments:

Lana said...

It is still so amazing and comforting to me that no matter what I do, good or bad, my standing with God cannot be changed. Because of what Christ accompished we can stand justified before Him forever. Thanks for humbly sharing your joys and struggles, Kyle.

Candace said...

God's grace is truly amazing! Thank you for sharing what God has been doing in you heart! It is encouraging to hear!

Anonymous said...

When I read your post I immediately thought of a song we sang at our last Home Group meeting taken from Acts 3:19-20:

Times of refreshing
Here in your presence
No greater blessing
than being with you
My soul is restored
My mind is renewed
There's no greater joy Lord
Than being with you

I pray that as you ponder what God has done for you, you will be refreshed. Thanks for sharing and for encouraging me.

Christine