Thursday, August 30, 2007

Waiting


"The Lord is gracious and compassionate.: good to all… faithful to all His promises….loving toward all He has made….righteous in all His ways….near to all who call on him….watches over all who love him….my mouth will speak in praise of the Lord. (From Psalm 145)"

As the year continues to go by my heart is eager. How to express the joy and gratitude for daily evidences of all the above? I have sensed the Lord’s abundant grace and abounding love in my life lately more the ever before, but on the hand I always seem to continue to ask the question “What do you have next for me Lord?” No matter what season of life I’m in, I always want to know what’s next! Elizabeth Elliot has helped me tremendously in this area.

She Say’s-

“If I am willing to be still in my Master’s hand, can I not then be still in everything? He’s got the whole world in His hands! Never mind whether things come for God Himself or from people- everything comes by His ordination or permission. If I mean to be obedient and submissive to the Lord because He is my Lord, I must not forget that whatever He allows to happen becomes, for me, His will at the moment.”


"Psalm 25:4- Make me to know your ways O, Lord; teach me your paths. Lead me in your truth and teach me, for you are the God of my salvation; for you I wait all the day long."

When we cannot see our way
Let us trust and still obey
He who bids us forward goes
Cannot fail the way to show
Tough the sea be deep and wide
Though a passage seem denied,
Fearless let us still proceed,
Since the Lord vouchsafes to lead. - Anonymous
.
"Psalm 25:12- Who is the man who fears the Lord? Him will He instruct in the way that he should choose."

The Lord’s message to me every day is…..Wait, be still, trust, and obey!

"Psalm 40:1- I waited patiently for the Lord; He turned to me and heard my cry."

Lord, I give thanks for all that you in your mercy have given me to be, to do, and to have. Teach me to rest quietly in Your promise to supply; recognizing that if I don’t have it I don’t need it. Teach me to desire Your will- nothing more, nothing less, and nothing else.

Candace

4 comments:

Lana said...

Candace, thanks for this reminder of trusting God in the big things as well as the little things. I love the scriptures you included as well. They are great to use in everyday life to speak truth to oneself about the character of God and our response to that character. Thank you for the way you daily live out your trust in God and the example you are of that!

overthinker said...

Candace, thanks so much for sharing this. I needed to hear it again. (as you well know.)

Was the Elisabeth Elliot qoute from "Keep a Quiet Heart"?

Jenn Romanski said...

"I must not forget that whatever He allows to happen becomes, for me, His will at the moment.”

Such wisdom. He has planned the end, therefore he has also planned the means. And since He is a kind, perfect, loving, and good God, his plans must be as well.

How often do we seem to believe that he can save us from the depths of Hell but then not believe that all his other plans for us are for our good as well?

Thanks for this timely reminder Candace!

Anonymous said...

Hey Damaris! Yes, the qoute was from "Keep a Quiet Heart" Hope you are doing well!