Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Come To Me

"Matthew 11:28- Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest."

"John 6:35- Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me shall not hunger."

HIS YOKE IS EASY, AND HIS BURDEN IS LIGHT

"Therefore, His demand that we come to Him is not burdensome. It means coming to the one who has become everything to us. Jesus did not come into the world mainly to bring a new law. He came to offer Himself for our eternal enjoyment and to do whatever He had to do- including death- to remove every obstacle to this everlasting joy with Him." -John Piper-

"These things I have spoken to you, that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be full" (John 15:11)

When Jesus demands that we do things- like “come to me”- the essence of these demands is that we experience that life that most fully savors and spreads His supreme worth. When we come to him, he is the burden-lifter, the soul-satisfier, and the life-giver. How awesome! Coming to Jesus means coming to drink. And the water we drink in fellowship with Jesus gives everlasting life. "Jesus stood up and cried out. 'If anyone thirsts, let his come to me and drink'" (John 7:37)

"Whoever drinks of the water that I will give him will never be thirsty forever. The Water that I will give him will become a spring of water welling up to eternal life" (John 4:14)

The demand that we come to Jesus is the demand to come to the fountain of life and drink. How grateful I am that I can go to my savior when ever I am in need and be refreshed by His love and mercy.

-Candace-

2 comments:

Lana said...

Thanks for sharing this Candace! It was so good and encouraging. I think we posted our "posts" at almost the exact time! Sorry about that...I would have waited if I'd known you were going to post. Love ya girl. I so appreciate your friendship and example.

Jenn Romanski said...

Such encouraging Scripture Candace. Thank you for being such a faithful blogger. The Lord uses your words to refresh my soul many times :-)