Thursday, September 6, 2007

Suffering and God's Sovereignty

“Romans 8:28- And we know that God causes ALL things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.”

Oh how often have a failed to find joy in my trials and trust in the God of whom nothing is too hard. In the midst of trials it is often hard for me to believe that God puts trials in my life to draw me closer to Him. But indeed it is so true. Not once in my life have I gone through a trial where the Lord’s sovereign hand wasn’t behind it and haven’t looked back on it and thanked God for placing that difficult time in my life to draw me closer to Him.

“2 Corinthians 4:17-18- For this slight momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.”

God moves in a mysterious way
His wonders to perform
He plants his footsteps in the sea
And rides upon the storm

Judge not the Lord by feeble sense,
But trust Him for his grace;
Behind a frowning providence
He hides a smiling face

His purposes will ripen fast,
Unfolding every hour;
The bud may have a bitter taste,
But sweet will be the flower

Blind unbelief is sure to err
And scan His work in vain;
God is His own interpreter,
And He will make it plain.


The love of God is better then life….

“Your steadfast love is better than life…”(Ps. 63:3). The pleasures in this life are “fleeting” (Heb. 11:25) and the afflictions are “light and momentary” (2 Cor. 4:17) But the steadfast love of the Lord is forever. All his pleasures are superior and there will be no more pain. “In you presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore”(Ps. 16:11)


-Candace-

3 comments:

Nathan Edwards said...

Thanks for posting this Candace it was really encouraging to me. When I saw the lyrics to that song I turned on my ipod and listened to it and I was enlightened that God does all the work(his purposes will ripen, God is his own interpreter, he will make it plain) All we have to do is Trust in God. The chorus of that song says, so GOD we trust in you. Thank you so much for posting this.

Rebekah Schwab said...

Wow. That verse has come to be very meaningful for me lately. and that song is kinda like my theme song. Thank you for sharing, Candace.

Lana said...

Thanks you Candace for the encouragement with these words and scriptures. How great is the truth that God can be trusted and how good our God who keeps His promises!