Thursday, September 20, 2007

I Cannot Hide From My God

The eye of the Most High,
Is the observer of all things.

Iniquity cannot hide from His sight,
My darkest corners are brought into light.

With my sin, it is the Lord that I scorn,
His Word I despise and disobey.

Transgression is on my very breath,
Why must I believe in this certain Death?

In the secret and quiet places I sin,
But with boldness affront the Will of the Lord.

Praise be to Jesus Christ, I shall win!
For it is "the Lord who has also put away my sin."

"I shall not die."

*2 Samuel 12:7-15

-Kyle-


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the timely reminder that God is ALWAYS watching and no matter where we are or what we are doing we will be judged at the Lord's throne for every time we sin against God. Thanks for the reminder to live our lives "in light of eternity" Great post Kyle!

Anonymous said...

I like how you took the truths from 2 Sam 12 and turned them into a poem! And those truths aren't sugar-coated: "With my sin, it is the Lord that I scorn,
His Word I despise and disobey."