Monday, September 10, 2007

Trusting In the Trustworthy

As the 6 year anniversary of September 11 approaches, I find myself thinking about the importance of placing my hope and trust in God and not the things or people of this world. Yes, there is a temptation to be anxious, especially in light of the new terrorist threats that have been received, but giving in to that temptation only gives the terrorists victory in striking fear into our hearts. It tells them that we fear them more than we trust God. Because of who God is, I can trust Him to protect my dad who is near D.C., I can trust Him to protect America, I can trust Him to glorify Himself through whatever circumstances He sees fit and I can trust in knowing that control has never been taken from Him, even for a second. I trust in knowing that His plans will always succeed.

Psalm 25:2 O my God, in you I trust; let me not be put to shame; let not my enemies exult over me.

Psalm 28:7 The LORD is my strength and my shield; in him my heart trusts, and I am helped; my heart exults, and with my song I give thanks to him.

Psalm 56:3 When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.

Psalm 118:8 It is better to take refuge in the LORD than to trust in man.

Luke 12:4 I tell you, my friends, do not fear those who kill the body, and after that have nothing more that they can do.

Hebrews 13:6 So we can confidently say, "The Lord is my helper; I will not fear; what can man do to me?"

"It has been said that our anxiety does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow, but only empties today of its strength."-- Charles Haddon Spurgeon

~Lord, thank for Your trustworthy and unchanging character. Thank you for the scriptures that speak of Your faithfulness time and time again. Help me to trust in You, in good times and bad, and lean not on my own understanding. May I demonstrate the peace that can only come from You as I walk through this world. Thank You for sending Your Son to die for us and that we no longer have to fear death. "O death, where is your victory? O death, where is your sting?-1 Corinthians 15:55" Grant us Your peace, joy and protection, O God. Amen.~

-Lana-

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Lana! It is so encouraging to know that God is already in our days ahead and already has a plan for each and every one of us so that we can rest in peace and trust in the sovereignty of God.

"Matthew 6:34- Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trubble."

single focus family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Good thoughts Lana. Thanks for the worthy reminder and excellent scriptural support.

Jenn Romanski said...

Thanks for such a timely post Lana. The Psalms you provided are such sweet reminders.

You should check out this post by Denny Burk yesterday:
http://www.dennyburk.com/?p=870

I remember on September 11, 2001, finally beginning to understand the phrase "a peace that passes all understanding."

Lana said...

Thanks for the encouragement guys!

And thank you Jenn, for that link. It was a great article and places glory to whom it is due and that is God!