Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Thoughts from Fergie

No, not that Fergie.

"There can be few more alarming sights than the sight of what we would be were we left to ourselves, of what we are by nature in and of ourselves. It is a sight which few of us are able to bear for any length of time. That is why such experiences are usually brief , pointed but not prolonged. God shows us enough to make us see our need, to break down any illusions we may have had about ourselves. Like a skilled surgeon his knife work is fast, accurate and clean."

-Sinclair Ferguson

I don't think Mr. Ferguson could be more right. Thank God that He does not leave me to myself where there will be certain failure. The sad thing is, is that God must repeat the process over and over again. Somehow I attribute any success I have to myself, which leads me abandon the wings of my Father and attempt to fly solo. In the end, as I am plummeting toward certain death and destruction, the Lord once again swoops in and shows me His grace. Amazing isn't it?

-Kyle-

2 comments:

Lana said...

How great is God's kindness and mercy in exposing our sin and then pointing us to the cross where all is washed away. Thanks for sharing this reminder with us Kyle.

Jenn Romanski said...

Oh Kyle. What a title....

We had a guest preacher this Sunday at AGCC (Larry, a SovGrace pastor in Charlotte). He encouraged us to meditate, once a week or so, on what our lives would be like were it not for the grace of God.

Doing this brings about a paradox of emotions for me. I am overwhelmed with both gratitude and disgust. Praise God for saving me-both from his wrath and from myself.