Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Stored Up Protection

"The Word of God is one of the most vital agents of sanctification in the life of a believer. Jesus prayed, "Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth" (John 17:17) God's word has the power to protect us from sin and to purify us when we do sin. David understood the necessity and value of the scripture in his pursuit of godliness. "How can a young man keep his way pure? By guarding it according to your word...I have stored up your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you." (Psalm 119:9,11)" - Holiness by Nancy Leigh DeMoss

If I am serious about growing in godliness, I should be serious about storing God's word in my heart. I am sometimes scared of myself, because I know how prone my flesh is to sin. How prone my heart is to wander. But God has provided me with something to help guard myself! He says that His word has the power to protect us. The power to help keep my way pure. The power to help me not sin against a Holy God. How kind of the Lord to provide His children with such a means of grace! I am painfully aware of my need to steep myself in the scriptures in a deeper way. The following quote convicted me greatly and also encouraged my to step up my pursuit of God through His word in order to grow in holiness and bring Him glory.

"Mark it down - your progress in holiness will never exceed your relationship with the Word of God." Holiness by Nancy Leigh DeMoss
-Lana-

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Truer words could not be said. thank for sharing Lana

Anonymous said...

Great post. I am now even more aware of how critical it is to live in the Word.